May 10, 2004
NADD

Nerd Attention Deficiency Disorder - this is just so me. Not just the 14 browser-tabs and 10 windows bit, but also the bit about hating people mucking about with your desktop.

I also like to run my desktop at a very high resolution with very small fonts. Is this another NADD symptom, or is it my own personal quirk?

Via qwghlm.

Posted to Funny by Simon Brunning at May 10, 2004 01:03 PM
Comments

I have just had to boot into Windows to do some stuff that I can't get working in Linux.
As I almost never use Windows it's a bare-bones install.
Now I am completely lost without my ICQ, MSN, email, tabbed browsing and myriad of terminals.
I actually find the lack of stuff going on distracting in itself. How strange is that?

Posted by: Darren on May 10, 2004 02:37 PM

You don't have nerd attention deficiency disorder: you pay a great deal of attention to being a nerd.

Posted by: Steve on May 10, 2004 08:27 PM

Simon, i found your blog from your comment on Memetank... specifically, the "If you don't like it, contribute, or shut up" comment. well said. i hated that Design by Fire article.

Posted by: some guy on May 11, 2004 12:25 AM

Hmm... Jacada, Outlook, Hotmail, VNC to PC60 (2 windows there), VNC to CMGL (4 windows there), VNC to Knuckles (2 windows there), Ebay, PFE on 4 INI files, Explorer, Mudcat Cafe, EVO1 on PC60, EVO1 on CMGL, and now SVC too... I think I see what you mean!

Posted by: Tracey on May 11, 2004 12:26 PM

Oh, yes... If you're not keen on people messing with your desktop (me too. Or maltreating my monitor-guarding fluffies.), how about with your actual PC? Or your desk? Not that there's any chnace of anyting happening to them, you understand... just that we are moving rooms tomorrow & Thursday...

Posted by: Tracey on May 11, 2004 12:28 PM

I'm back in the office on Thursday - they aren't letting me off the heavy lifting. :-(

Posted by: Simon Brunning on May 11, 2004 12:31 PM